Right now, as we speak, it is rather sunny in the English countryside. It will not remain so, however, as the year draws to a close. It will start raining, and soon, it will be cold. In the UK, whenever the temperature drops below 7 degrees Celsius, it is officially time to change your tyres.
However, you do know that buying new car tyres can be a costly proposition. That is why, at HG Motors in Harrogate, we advise people to go for all-season tyres. Do not take the 7-degree Celsius cut-off point lightly: studies show that braking distances increase and tyres become less malleable when the temperature drops too low.
With all-weather tyres, as they are popularly known as, you will get the same ride quality and safety for all four seasons without having to spend double on two different sets of tyres. That is their most significant benefit. There are some other pros too, which are described below.
The benefits of all-season tyres
- Given the increasing number of road accidents in the UK, especially in winter, it is imperative that you use something which has the heft of a winter tyre and the agility of a summer one. The all-season variants combine the best of both worlds.
- All-season tyres use a variant of rubber which is neither too soft, nor too hard, but just right. It means that such tyres will not stick to the surface when in use. Besides, they will also make greater acceleration possible, akin to summer tyres.
- When you buy all-season tyres online, you get a distinct tread pattern with more sipes. What these do is; essentially, displace the hard and snowy surface while removing excess water from the surface simultaneously.
- All-season tyres often come with “mud and snow” compatibility. That is denoted with the letters M&S, or M/S, on the tyre’s sidewall. Sometimes, a snowflake symbol, placed beside a three-peak mountain, is visible. These proofings mean that these tyres will perform efficiently even on the most demanding terrains.
- We end with a word of caution. While all-season car tyres are adept at handling snowy conditions, they are not for climatic extremes. If it becomes too cold and too snowy, you must revert to winter tyres.
Buy all-season tyres at Harrogate
All-season car tyres are perfectly suited for driving around the entire year. You do not need to change the tyres every time the temperature dips, leaving you with safe driving conditions. Overall, as long as you do not push them too hard, these tyres should serve you just fine. Visit our site for more details.