Book your service
Are your vehicle exhausts creating a nuisance by polluting the air and producing a school of loud noises? Vehicle exhausts are meant to keep the engine cooler and filter harmful gases. However, through constant usage and engine strain, exhausts tend to overheat and emit harmful gases like carbon monoxide.
Experts at HG Motors opine that identification of exhaust issues is more important in combating exhaust problems. Apart from periodic car maintenance, experts recommend checking muffler tips for dampened engine noises. Installing illegal aftermarket exhaust tips and mufflers can ruin your exhaust systems, they add.
Common exhaust system problems that need immediate attention
- Rust and particulate contaminants enter the exhaust system and cause physical damage. They tend to erode the internal parts including exhaust tips, particularly because they are made of metal. This clogs the internal flow of exhaust and eventually enters the catalytic converters which give rise to poisonous fumes.
- Senior mechanics at exhaust repair garage Harrogate claim that extreme weather conditions play their role in heating internal parts leading to exhaust outlets. Repeated heating and condensation erodes the inner linings of exhaust mufflers. Accumulated rain/snow furthers the damage.
- Dirt and dust may corrode minute pores of mufflers, resonators and weakens the heat shields. Potholes or small rock particles tend to enter the pores when the vehicle is at high speed. This leads to overheating and blockage of exhaust systems.
- The air-fuel mixture inside exhaust systems stops functioning once oxygen sensors go haywire. Our experts recommend mandatory exhaust Service Harrogate particularly when car-owners notice sudden fall in fuel economy or optimum performance.
Is it safe to install aftermarket exhaust components?
Although cars are factory-set to minimise excessive engine sound, with time, backpressure restricts the flow of exhausts and enhances engine noises. This causes a sharp drop in power and diminishes fuel economy.
Our experts at HG Motors vouch for installing aftermarket performance exhaust components. This includes changing exhaust tips, mufflers; filter ends that help vehicle to upgrade its performance without creating excessive noise and emissions.
How HG Motors takes care of your exhaust in 3 steps:
- Before going for complex changes, our experts investigate into the cause of exhaust problems. They look for potential visual and sound indicators like dark emissions and squeaking noises coming from the exhaust. Rattling sounds can also arise from catalytic converters. Heavier periodic noises may mean loose metal ends.
- Experts at Exhaust Repair Garage Harrogate look into the hood to check for loose ends. Excessive heating may damage the inner linings and crack bolts. So they assess muffler airflow and check for surface rusts.
- Checking the constant changes in emission types and engine sounds transmission, experts then decide if exhaust system requires compete revamping. If mufflers shake lesser than before, it indicates that the problem might be with the downpipe or catalytic converters.
Looking for muffler replacement?
Cars owe a large part of their sophistication to vehicle mufflers. Exquisite sports cars like Mustang feature exclusive muffler systems that are built to deliver maximum performance. Mufflers are available from as low as $80 to as high as $1000 depending on their levels of sophistication and ability.
- Look for muffler systems that are covered under warranty.
- Cheaper mufflers can give rise to rattling sounds within months of usage.
- In case of noticeable changes in car noises, opt for a muffler replacement.
HG Motors specialises in exhibiting a wide range of exhaust systems that are designed to last a lifetime. Additionally, our experts recommend not meddling with the internal exhaust structure to avoid complications.
Don’t let your vehicle exhaust system trouble your vehicle and the environment. Avail our Exhaust Service Harrogate today and augment your driving experience dramatically!